Screen or Form is a feature of Documill Dynamo that helps to communicate with users to understand the needs for options of documents. For example, editing view or pdf preview are parts of screens. Or a selection form before generating a document, says an offer, would help the users identify the expiration date, whether it is NET30 or NET45, or to merge some ready-made PDFs like legal documents (policy, terms and conditions,...) into the main body content.
To create a screen, first go to Main Flow and choose Add Screen in suitable segment for it to appear.
In this instruction, we will use the dynamo-eu1 instance. The UI might be a bit different in dynamoservice.
A block will pop up for naming and template. There are currently three templates to choose from depends on the purpose of the screen:
- Lightning Modal: mostly used for selection forms
- Default: used for creating forms with different layout
- Empty: with no block, used for PDF viewer, editor view or Multi-select like attachments, contacts for sending.
- Block Library view: contains all the elements to add to a form
- Block Library button: to switch to content view
- Style Editor: switch to style view, to format the font, color of the screen
- Element Tree View: to view all the element break down and select element to edit
- Element bar: to view all the element inside the selected element
- Screen Editor View: all the changes to screen will appear here
- Attribute of the selected element: modify the condition, value of the selected element
- Style of the selected element: see the current style and apply new style
To add a content into the screen, first choose the exact place that the content should be, then click on the content to choose. It will immediately appear inside the Screen view.
For example below: the radio buttons will instantly added after the "Write content here" paragraph.
Elements of an Input Screen
- Span: create a small span, to map with dynamic field or to create a specific style for selected texts
- Link: Create a link that lead to a website for reference or a link to download the created PDF
- Image: to add image like logos for design
- Heading: Create a heading to categorize
- Paragraph: Insert a new plain text paragraph to explain or instruct users
- Input Block: input text field that has one line. Usually used for update a field in Salesforce with new value or a PDF name change
- Text Area: input text field that holds multiple lines
- Select Block: Picklist to choose from pre-decided options. Used to choose the language, type of payment term,...
- Checkbox Group: Checkbox allows users to choose multiple options or refuse some options to display for documents by checking/unchecking
- Radio Group: Radio buttons only allow user to choose one option in a radio group. Unchoose a radio button by choosing another option
- Button Group: to direct to a next action in the flow. Commonly used buttons are Save, OK, Back, Cancel, Edit, Send Email, etc.
- Multi-Select: to choose multiple options at the same time and move it to selected column, which is commonly used for selecting attachments, selecting contacts for sending emails,...
- RTF Editor: a pre-made Editor view for Editing screen
- PDF Viewer: a pre-made view for composed PDF
- Date Picker: a calendar to select date, usually to filter out an item from-to date or add a variable holding selected date to pin the expiration date